- Effective April 2014, new guardianship law “Uniform Adult Guardianship and Protective Proceedings Jurisdiction Act” Read the article Here.
- Ruby’s Rainbow scholarships available to individuals with Down syndrome for post secondary education, vocational or enrichment classes. Application deadline is July 6, 2014. Read it Here.
- Research opportunity for siblings of people with Down syndrome. Download flyer Here.
- Clinical research study available at Johns Hopkins for adults with Down Syndrome ages 18-30.
Download Brochure Here.
- January Newsletter has been posted !
- Website resource: http://www.onlineschools.org/financial-aid/disabilities
A link for a college planning site that created a comprehensive scholarship guide for current and prospective students with disabilities. The guide serves as an additional tool for students who are struggling to finance their education. They included over 70 scholarships specifically for students with disabilities, thoroughly explaining eligibility, award amounts, and most importantly, how to apply.
- 6th Annual DSAHV Golf Outing and Fundraiser is scheduled for May 22nd !! For more information, click HERE. Download flyer here.
- Research opportunities for individuals with Down syndrome at MassGeneral Hospital in Boston. Check here for current opportunities:
- NIH launches first national Down syndrome registry. The National Institutes of Health has launched DS-Connect, a Web-based health registry that will serve as a national health resource for people with Down syndrome and their families, researchers, and health care providers. Website Here --> https://dsconnect.nih.gov/
Find us on Facebook "Down Syndrome Association Hudson Valley"